Intercultural Montessori Language School (Intercultural) with campuses in Chicago and Oak Park, IL, delivers a unique dual language/Montessori blended education serving 300 students ages 3 to 14. The Board seeks a Head of School to serve as philosophical and instructional leader to serve as the Executive Director to lead both the Chicago and Oak Park campuses. The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to the Montessori method and dual language program, and have experience in an established school. The Executive Director will report to Intercultural’s Board of Directors.
• Strong advocate for Montessori education.
• Strong advocate for dual language education.
• Montessori certification through an accredited institution preferred.
• Previous working in a Montessori school strongly recommended with leadership responsibilities.
• Administrator/Principal certification and/or experience strongly recommended.
• Robust leadership skills.
• Experience creating an organization and maintaining sustainability preferred.
• Proven experience with staff supervision and budget management.
• Ability/Willingness to lead in fund development, including identification,cultivation and stewardship of donors.
• Highly self-motivated.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The position begins July 1, 2018. Salary will be commensurate with experience and
certification. Apply online at www.hyasearch.com Application deadline is May 22,
2018. Interviews begin May 23, 2018.
Intercultural Montessori is a fulfilling and inspiring place to pursue one’s vocation. Our staff enjoys competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities to pursue further training, and a welcoming, multi-cultural workplace environment.
All teachers must have a Bachelor’s Degree and an interest in earning their Montessori certification. Even when positions are not open, we encourage inquiries from teachers who are native speakers of our target languages, from certified Montessori teachers, and from students currently undergoing Montessori teacher training for ages 3-6, 6-9, and 9-12. Please contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Intercultural Montessori Language School is an equal opportunity employer. Intercultural Montessori Language School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants. it’s hiring, compensation and benefits practices, training, promotions, and terminations are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual preference, national origin (or ancestry), age, or physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, genetic information, military status, an unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.