Brookfield Zoo Field TripJune 18, 2014
The children at the Chicago Campus will be going to the Brookfield Zoo next week for Session 2 “Animal Planet”. The trip is planned for Wednesday, June 25th, 2014.
We will be touring the zoo to conduct a scavanger hunt of Intercultural’s adopted animals as well as other interesting animals found there.
Our adopted animals were obtained last year as part of a partnership with the Chicago Zoological Society at Brookfield Zoo and are as follows:
- Hudson the Polar Bear (found at Great Bear Wilderness)
- Subayai the Road Runner (found at Feathers and Scales)
- Lan Chong the Chinese Crocodile Lizard (found at Feathers and Scales)
- Harry the Red-Kneed Tarantula (found at the Hamill Family Play Zoo)
- Mark the Leopard Shark (found at the Living Coast)
- Roderick the Panamanian Golden Frog (found at Feathers and Scales)
All students will gather at the Discovery Center near the South Gate. We will be met by a zoo docent for orientation. After orientation, children will have an opportunity to explore the zoo and have their lunch. Indoor lunch facilities are available at BZ Red Hots in case of inclement weather.
The buses will leave promptly at 9:00 a.m. so please have your child at school no later than 8:30 a.m. The children will return no later than 2:00 pm.
Half-day dismissal will take place at 2:00. Children who nap will have the opportunity to rest when they return to campus if need be. Full-day dismissal will take place as scheduled at 3:00.
Chaperones are welcome and encouraged to attend although space is limited.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in chaperoning. We ask that everyone, including chaperones, submit their child’s signed permission slip by Monday, June 23 , 2014.
Thank you and we look forward to a great trip.