Intercultural Graduation CeremonyMay 4, 2015
Intercultural Graduation Ceremony
Friday, June 5, 2015 at 10:30 am
Ernest Hemingway Museum
Intercultural ends each year with a Graduation Ceremony to celebrate our Kindergarten and elementary graduates’ accomplishments. The year has gone by extremely fast and it is hard to believe that we are now only one month away from our 2014-2015 Graduation.
The event involves both a Graduation Ceremony and performances from each of the classroom communities. Although the performances are for Kindergarten graduates and elementary students, everyone is welcome to attend as part of the audience.
This year, the ceremony will be taking place on Friday, June 5th in the Laura Aborn Auditorium at the Hemingway Museum in Oak Park.
The Hemingway Museum is located at 200 N. Oak Park Avenue. Parking can be found on the surrounding streets. Additionally, there is also a Village of Oak Park parking garage located at Oak Park Ave. and North Blvd., a block and a half south of the Hemingway Museum.
Families attending the Ceremony should note the following:
- The rehearsal for the ceremony will be taking place on Thursday, June 4th, between 9:00 am and 12:00 noon. We will be sending permission slips home to the families of participating students for the bus ride to the Hemingway.
- Please have your child at school on Thursday, no later than 8:15 am as the bus will be leaving to take the children to the museum at 8:30 am.
- The actual Graduation Ceremony will begin at 10:30 am. However, in order to make sure students are prepared for the Ceremony, the staff has requested that you bring your child directly to the museum at 9:45 am.
- The teachers will take the children into the Laura Aborn Auditorium while parents remain in the lobby for Coffee/Tea, Refreshments and Breakfast Snacks.
- At approximately 10:20 am, we will invite family and friends to take their seats in the Auditorium and the Ceremony will commence.
- The Graduation Ceremony will end at approximately 12:00 noon.
- After the ceremony, all students will be dismissed from the side of the stage and teachers will sign out each child before handing them back to parents. At this point, parents are responsible for their children. Please be vigilant as the museum does not have in place the safety features of a school environment.
- The Oak Park Arts Center is the owner of the Museum and does not permit food or drink in the Laura Aborn Auditorium. So please make sure that their request is honored.
The students and staff at Intercultural have put a great deal of work into making sure the Graduation Ceremony is both entertaining and a cause for celebration.
On behalf of everyone at Intercultural Montessori Language School, I would like to extend a warm welcome to a very enjoyable occasion and to thank you for all of the support you have given the school throughout the year.